5 Cloves of garlic
3 Guadillio Peppers
1 Ancho Peppers
5 Cloves Garlic
2 Teaspoons MealZac Organic Sazon
1 Tablespoon MealZac Organic Adobo
1/4 Cup Vinegar
1 Whole tomato chopped (or canned crushed)
1.5 Lbs Lamb (roast/shoulder or chops), Beef Short ribs, or Goat meat
4 Cups Beef Broth (plus a little more) (can also use chicken stock or water & salt)
2 Onions, chopped (one for topping)
1/2 Tsp MealZac Candied Yams blend (cinnamon/nutty flavor)
Bunch Of Cilantro
SALT/ PEPPER /GARLIC POWDER
- Clean, and cut your meat into large chunks. Set aside.
- Add peppers to boiling water or hot oil for a 2-3 minutes. (softens & brings out flavor)
- Cut the stems off the peppers and remove seeds.
- Add all marinade ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth Add a little water if needed.
- Pour marinade over meat and allow to marinate for 1 day if possible (optional)
- Dice 1 onion and sautee in a few tablespoons of oil. (I use Annato/Achiote oil). Add Meat, marinade, and a handful of cilantro (ALOT of cilantro and herbs to taste)
- Add your beef/chicken stock and cover. Allow cooling for at least 2 hours over a medium-low heat checking every 30 minutes.
- After about 2 hours. Remove the lamb chunks and shred with two forks. If cool enough, use gloves and your hands to shred the meat.
- You can stop here if you’d like, but the longer you cook, the more tender it will be!
- Remove most of the broth/consume and set aside. Add your shredded meat back into the pot with a little bit of the broth and allow to cook for another hour.
- Dip tortillas in the first layer of red oil that sits above the soup. You can also lightly brush them with the oil. Fry on a skillet until the tortilla is slightly crispy and the liquid has been removed (about 2-3 minutes per side). Add meat , cheese and fold. Allow to cook for another minute to get a melty cheese QuesoBirria Taco