3 Scallions (green onion) , chopped
1 TBS Browning Liquid/ Burnt sugar
1 TBS Worshershire Sauce
1 TBS Soy Sauce (optional)
3 TBS Brown Sugar
2 Teaspoons MealZac Chicken/Poultry blend
1/2 Teaspoon MealZac Sazon
2 lbs Oxtail
1 white onion
4 cloves garlic
Bundle of thyme
1/4 cup ketchup
1 Can Butter Beans
1 1/2 cups Chopped carrots / Baby Carrots
1/2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper (REALLY HOT)
2 Bay Leaves (optional)
Salt/Pepper to taste
4-5 cups of water (or beef/chicken stock)
- Clean Oxtails and place into a bag. Add ALL marinafde ingredients and mix until evenly coated and oxtails have a dark coating.
- Marinate for a few hours, or up to 2 days.
- Chop onion & garlic into small pieces. Chop carrots into large pieces.
- Add a few tablespoons of oil to a pot/pressure cooker. Brown marinated oxtails for about 6 minutes per side.
- Add onions, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, scotch bonnet (only a tiny piece!)and water. Cook for 2 hours over a low flame. Use a lid and stir frequently. Add more water and check the bottomr of the pan to ensure ther isnt burning or sticking.
- After 1 1/2 hours, oxtails should become more tender. Add Carrots and Butter Beans and cook for roughly 1 hour, covered. Stir frequently
- After about 3 hours, your oxtails are ready to enjoy! Serve this dish with Peas & Rice, Plantains, Pasta, Cabbage and so much more!